Now is the time to seek political appointments!
✅ President-Elect Joe Biden is seeking to fill positions in his Administration. The theme is – – Restoring American Leadership.
✅ Are you confused trying to figure out where to get started with landing a Political Appointment?
✅ 10 Tips to land a Political Appointment!
✅ Detailed information about Presidential Transition positions and Political Appointments and how to apply.
I compiled this information to help you. Please feel free to contact me to schedule a free 30-minute consultation at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about Presidential Transition positions and to apply visit here: https://buildbackbetter.gov/join-us/
10 Tips to land a Political Appointment!
- The Political Appointee Resume should be 4-6 pages.
- Create a strong Summary of Qualifications, including an overview of Government Administration Experience and Political Party Leadership.
- Highlight government leadership experience in a separate section, if extensive. You might have sections for Government Leadership Experience, Professional Experience, and Political Party & Committee Leadership.
- Be sure to include strong, quantifiable Leadership Accomplishments.
- Ensure that public policy experience and knowledge is included in the resume.
- Include Awards, Recognitions, Affiliations, Community and Board Leaderships.
- Study the Mission of the targeted agency for keywords and language.
- Look up Senior Executive and GS 15 positions in your target agency. Review the descriptions of work, agency summary, and qualifications required for wording.
- Write a cover letter to accompany the resume. The letter should state clearly what you would bring to your selected agency and position. Why should they hire you?
- For details about Political Appointments to include position titles and salaries visit here: https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/GPO-PLUMBOOK-2016/pdf/GPO-PLUMBOOK-2016.pdf
Resume Tip: Google search “Political Appointee Resume” for your desired Agency for specific examples.
Resume examples: https://projects.propublica.org/trump-town/
Resume examples II: https://cdn.muckrock.com/foia_files/2018/06/05/17-F-1024_Doc_1.pdf
Resume examples III: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4353318-HHS-Political-Appointee-Resumes-and-Job-Titles.html
Questions? Contact the author Ebony Johnson at:
🧳 DMs Open for business!
✍🏾 Writes blog articles for: SimplyEbony.com